Thursday, February 27, 2014

New lead ladies!

Very excited to have finally nabbed a copy of the Ariel, Mage Queen of Loren figure! She's a hard one to come across at a decent price, especially still in the box!

I also got a couple of new maiden guard figures for my ever-expanding units(s)(?) in my parcel today, and an OOP wood elf sorceress that I believe is the rough equivalent of today's "Spellsinger" or "Spellweaver".


This is a pretty interesting conversion using the wood elf sorceress that I came across today:
Spellsinger on Unicorn ... I quite like it, so I'm wondering if perhaps I shouldn't have two of these!? Hmm, there's food for thought ...

I think I will be giving my Ariel a bit of a nose job, though, as she appears to me to be wearing too unpleasant an expression for a faerie. I feel she should be serene-looking ... I know she's not considered the nicest of sculpts from GW, but there's something about her that appealed to me and I wanted one.

I did see one version of this mini (this one on CoolMiniOrNot) that seems to have had some nose-work done - or, perhaps it's just the way she's painted - and she looks quite nice. In any case, I don't think it can hurt to give her a bit of a makeover! We'll see how she turns out ...

No comments:

Post a Comment